What is eParapher?
eParapher is a end user security software that digitally sign files and manage keystores content's.
It supports 3 standards of :
It aim to be simple for the end user : secure by default and "one click" oriented.
Advanced users can also use wizards for advanced signature settings.
- You may start with the quick start guide, that explain how to use eParapher in a few minutes;
- The Trac website will give you more details on the project.
The Roadmap is open.
- Find a bug? Submit an evolution request?
Please report it quickly to improve eParapher quality!
- Got motivation and time? you are welcome to contribute in many ways.
Why shall i use eParapher ?
With digital signature, you have a warranty that your important files (contracts, reports, plans, ...) comes from the right person, and that it hasn't been modified.
As a PKI Administrator or PKI end user, you can quickly and easily modify your keystores : import/export a keypair/certificate, change the format, ...
Finally, eParapher supports the latests open standards : PDF/A, Elliptic curve cryptography with ECDSA , ...
eParapher supports :
- pdf convertion and signature on the fly of your text and image files with iText API, and your office files with OpenOffice runtime (v2.4 and later);
- mass signing (2 files and more in one shot), asking once your secret.
- Manage your keystores and/or cryptographic tokens content :
- create, delete, import and export your certificates and private keys ;
- use keystore files, such as PKCS#12, JKS, JCEKS or BKS;
- use your Windows certificate store;
- use your PKCS#11 Tokens, such as SmartCards for example.
Future versions will add new features such as timestamping, signature verification, command line interface, encryption, advanced certificate managment (automatic certificate renewal, act as a small CA, Open source CA connectivity, ...).
Other technical informations can be found on the Trac Wiki.
eParapher is based on open source APIs and products.
So I want to thanks :
- The Bouncy castle team for their robust cryptographic APIs ;
- The Eclipse Team and their excellent platform ;
- Everaldo for his fabulous & famous icons ;
- The Sun's R&D Team for their great works on Java and OpenOffice ;
- The JODConverter Team for their OpenOffice APIs.
- The Apache directory studio team for their great work on eclipse RCP 'mavenization'.